1. Try different thicknesses of the eggplant slices as well as the layers of cheese to find the perfect combination.
2. If your lactose sensitive make sure you use lactose free cheese as a substitute
1. Try different types of italian spices as well to find the perfect flavor; oregano, thyme and rosemary are great options to experiment with
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side
3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top
4. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||35 minutes|