Pepper Steak (Steak Au Poivre)
- Add some spinach to your carrot bed to toss in some color and some great antioxidants!
- Use only just enough oil to coat the pan.
- Serve with your carrots chilled for some crispy texture!
Keto Tips and Alternatives
This recipe is great for ketogenic diets because it usees little to no carbohydrates, it tastes great, and it's easy to make. Pepper Steak can also be a great recipe to use for meal plans while on the keto diet. For additional fiber and color, consider adding more vegetables and a side salad or low carb side. Need other keto diet recipes? Check out these great ideas:
Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
- Add a handfull (no more than 1.2 cup) of other frozen fruits; peach, mango, or even some spinach!
- Swap our the almond milk for another plant based milk; soy, coconut, etc..
- Try flaxseed instead of chia seeds.
- Add your liquids first.
- Don't skip the chia seed, it keeps the smoothie from separating, and adds great nutrition to your recipe!
Post-Workout Protein, Avocado, Ginger Smoothie
- Make vegan or vegetarian with pea, soy or hemp protein, and replace the greek yogurt with a vegan non-dairy alternative
- Add additional ground oatmeal or other grains if you need more carb fuel!
Additional Immune Boosting Igredients
- Chia seeds
Mediterranean Chicken with Artichokes & Penne Pasta
Optional Protein Aternatives:
- Legumes or beans to make it vegetarian (or vegan with removing the cheese)
- Seasoned salmon to add in additional Omega Fats
Optional Mediterranean Seasonings:
- Bay Leaves
Roasted Artichokes with Creamy Dairy Free "Cheese" Sauce
How to Prepare the Artichoke Perfectly!
- Cut off the bottom of the stem and then top 1-inch of the top of the artichoke]
- Pluck off and discard any of the lowest leaves near the stem
- Trim off the pointy tops of the artichoke leaves
- Slice the artichokes in half
- Use a spoon to hollow out the “choke” in the middle of each artichoke half
- Try different herb combinations to test which give the most flavor: garlic, basil, marjoram and thyme
- Different methods of cooking the perfect artichoke:
- GRILL each half 4-5 minutes each side until perfectly charred
- OVEN ROASTED at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes
- STEAMED using a steamer or pressure cooker
Avocado Egg Breakfast Toast
- Make sure you use ripe avocados. You should be able to gently squeeze your thump into the avocado and feel it give a little, then its bound to spread easily on toast.
- Properly toast your bread. Rye bread takes a little longer to toast, as it's usually made with whole grain, so a tip is two light-medium toasting cycles to get the perfect 'toast'. If you're using sourdough, a slight char on the bread works really well.
- Choose which type of avocado. There are a few types of avocado. Hass is the most poular and what you tend to get at the supermarket. They all work perfectly for avocado on toast, so look for ripeness rather than shape or size.
- Adding smoked salmon works really well with avocado, and it's even better when you add a mint, chilli, or lemon topping to go with it.
- If you have great tomatos on hand, this is delicious. Top your avocado toast with slices of tomato and add a light drizzle of high-quality thick balsamic vinegar or glaze.