Ham & Sweet Potato Soup
- To make a sensational vegan recipe, substitute ham and chicken soup for vegetable alternatives
- Try different types of sweet potatoes and yams, to experiment with flavors
- If you want to add a little extra kick, add in some ground ginger
1. Dice ham and brown in large Dutch oven over medium heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add in diced onions and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Mince garlic and add to pan.
4. Add in coriander and allspice and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Gradually stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits.
6. Stir in the coconut milk, diced sweet potatoes, and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|