Stuffed Peppers with Seasoned Ground Beef
1. Alternative grains can be used in the peppers such as quinoa, millet or wild rice
2. Turkey or bison are great substitutes for flavors and options for the protein source!
1. Try seasoning the ground beef with different options, to add different flavors each time until you find one that you like
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned, crumbling with spoon into small pieces.
3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers.
4. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward.
5. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 8 oz tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
7. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
|Prep time||25 minutes|
|Cooking time||60 minutes|