Whole Wheat Penne with Chicken and Asparagus
1. If gluten sensitive or intolerant, gluten free pasta options are available
2. Seafood alternatives are a great change, including shrimp, scallops or your favorite type of white fish
1. Try different types of spices that go well with pasta and the vegetables, such as parsley, oregano or other types of Italian spices
2. Try marinating or soaking the chicken breasts for a few hours or over night in chicken broth soup to give it a little more flavor and moisture!
1. Cook penne according to package directions (omit salt). Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Dice chicken breast and add to hot oil.
4. Season with pepper and garlic powder.
5. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned. Place chicken in a bowl.
6. Cut asparagus into bite-sized pieces and mince garlic.
7. To the skillet, add the chicken broth, asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more pepper.
8. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is tender.
9. Add chicken and cooked penne in and warm.
10. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|