Avocado Egg Breakfast Toast
- Make sure you use ripe avocados. You should be able to gently squeeze your thump into the avocado and feel it give a little, then its bound to spread easily on toast.
- Properly toast your bread. Rye bread takes a little longer to toast, as it's usually made with whole grain, so a tip is two light-medium toasting cycles to get the perfect 'toast'. If you're using sourdough, a slight char on the bread works really well.
- Choose which type of avocado. There are a few types of avocado. Hass is the most poular and what you tend to get at the supermarket. They all work perfectly for avocado on toast, so look for ripeness rather than shape or size.
- Adding smoked salmon works really well with avocado, and it's even better when you add a mint, chilli, or lemon topping to go with it.
- If you have great tomatos on hand, this is delicious. Top your avocado toast with slices of tomato and add a light drizzle of high-quality thick balsamic vinegar or glaze.
2 sliceWhole Wheat Bread
2 teaspoonDijon Mustard
8 unitAsparagus, boiled
1 unitEgg, hard boiled
1⁄8 teaspoonBlack Pepper
1⁄2 teaspoonExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spread each slice with mustard.
- Distribute avocado on both slices of toast and mash slightly.
- Place 4 slices of asparagus over each toast.
- Slice the egg and place on top of asparagus.
- Top the toasts with cracked black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.