Beef & Broccoli with Brown Rice
- Use just enough coocking spray to keep the beef from sticking when tossing in the onions. The pan will fry the beef and onions to an amazing golden brown.
- Toss in some red peppers to fire things up a bit.
- Makes a great left over if you don't get through it all the first time.
3 ounceBeef Sirlion (lean)
1 cupBeef Broth (low sodium)
1 teaspoonBrown Sugar
1⁄4 teaspoonGarlic Powder
1⁄2 cupBrown Rice (long-grain)
- Slice onions into thin strips and slice beef into thin, 1-inch pieces.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add beef and onion and stir fry until browned and cooked through. Remove onto a plate and keep warm. 4. Add half the broth and broccoli to pan. Cover and simmer until broccoli is cooked to desired tenderness. 5. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, brown sugar, and garlic powder with remaining broth.
- Add to the pan and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Return beef/onion to the pan and heat through.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||5 minutes|