Mediterranean Chicken with Artichokes & Penne Pasta
Optional Protein Aternatives:
- Legumes or beans to make it vegetarian (or vegan with removing the cheese)
- Seasoned salmon to add in additional Omega Fats
Optional Mediterranean Seasonings:
- Bay Leaves
6 ounceChicken Breast
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1 us fluid ounceLemon Juice
4 ouncePenne Pasta, low carb
2 tablespoonParmesan Cheese
1 cupArtichoke Hearts
- Crush garlic clove.
- Place garlic and remaining ingredients in large resealable bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- One hour before serving, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place chicken and marinade on pan.
- Place pan in oven, then reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
- Pasta to boiling water. Stir gently.
- Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes
- Remove from heat & add chopped chicken, lemon, artichoke hearts and shaved parmesan