Pepper Steak (Steak Au Poivre)
- Add some spinach to your carrot bed to toss in some color and some great antioxidants!
- Use only just enough oil to coat the pan.
- Serve with your carrots chilled for some crispy texture!
Keto Tips and Alternatives
This recipe is great for ketogenic diets because it usees little to no carbohydrates, it tastes great, and it's easy to make. Pepper Steak can also be a great recipe to use for meal plans while on the keto diet. For additional fiber and color, consider adding more vegetables and a side salad or low carb side. Need other keto diet recipes? Check out these great ideas:
- Cut meat in half lengthwise with a sharp knife, then crosswise into thin slices.
- Brown meat in hot oil.
- Add onion and pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, and sprinkle on garlic, and cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve on a bed of shredded carrots.
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||5 minutes|